Sunday, August 10, 2008

ReMaines of the day (I have a million of these)

A lot has happened in the last 3 days. Sam and I watched the last cast do a show, we did our first shows and then today we went hiking at Sand Beach and Great Head before doing our third show (only one show on Sundays). In between there has been a lot of lobster, ice cream, blueberries and bits. Let's take a look....

This is what I get to look at before I do improv.

Of course, I see this immediately before. This is the door the performers use to enter the theatre for the show. It's on a deck across from the green room in a little shopping area. The space is really cool. Nice work, Jen and Larrance!
I got to see these awesome guys do a show on Friday. Well, Ferrell, Sarah and Andy played. Sam sat in the back with me. We were studying...
After the show we got to take part in Improvision at Reel Pizza. This place is great. And the pizza..good lord...we had two kinds, one with spinach and peppers and pesto, the other with avacado, chicken and WALNUTS. Yeah, avacado and nuts on a pizza. It may have been the fattiest food ever, but it was amazing. The movie we dubbed was called Robot Monster. It is a terrible 1953 sci-fi movie. Just awful in a great way. Please IMDB it. Or Netflix...you won't regret it. Or maybe you will. It was probably a lot better with Andy playing the "Ro-Man" who sang "Groove is in the Heart" as he walked.
"Opening" (for me and Sam) night cast. Ferrell, me, Jen and Sam. We had a lot of fun and then went out to Lampoc, a local bar, to say goodbye to Andy who was heading back to Chicago after his two week stay. We miss him but appreciate him leaving us his leftover cereal and shrimp. (Mmm, shrimp cereal)
He was so serious...
Today we hiked! This is Sand Beach. Yes, it was that foggy. A very overcast and chilly day, but thankfully no rain. It stayed nice enough for the hike although the views were lacking. It was pretty cold, and there were still people in the water. This is the north Atlantic, people...what the F?
Sam and Ferrell, discovering the New World...

Sarah and I, conqering it.Something about coniferous trees adjacent to a beach really gets me. I love it.

I'm an explorer. I really am.

Not pictured: I went to mass today at St. Joseph's, a Catholic church conviently located two blocks from the house. It's a cute church and the pastor was great. And they use traditional music, which is a huge plus for me. Eagle's Wings during Communion? I'm so easily won over. (Once again, you're my soulmate if this makes sense to you)

We'll take it a little easier tomorrow. Two shows a night for the next six nights...eeps! But I really couldn't be happier right now. Well, not much anyway.

3 comments:

Tno said...

You are really doing it!

Nerd.

... you are not a nerd!

I'm offended

Going Ins(M)aine w/ out you...

Tamara

Anonymous said...

Eagle's Wings is no Let us Build the City of God.

TrayDeer said...

When my grandma died, the family had been sitting bedside in the hospital for days before. she was never alone. Then the nurse convinced them to all go take a break, so everyone went to the chapel. Maybe for 1/2 an hour. the service was on tv in my grandma's room. eagles wings started playing and my mom said she just knew and started crying. They went back to the room and my grandma had passed. (This may sound downer but in my family its a very comforting story).

Also, 2 bdays ago gave Megan an framed pic of Alton Brown. so...if you can top john's ring and can cook we'll talk.