Wednesday, August 6, 2008

LOLLAPALOOZA!!!


I'm ready....let's do this!
Look at this ragtag bunch of guys....Rob, Durbin and Abby, early on day 1.
The lady version...Ali, what do you think of Duffy? Yeah...she's lame.
Jack White and I are having a rock baby. The Raconteurs' set was AMAZING. I wish we had been closer. But then I might be having twins. Vinnie was there. Made it awkward with me and Jack White and our baby and all.
Blurry but you get the idea...Radiohead's show. I'll say it, I got kind of bored. But I'm not that into Radiohead.
I am that into Meredith! Me, my BFF, and the Chicago skyline. (Not pictured, Rage Against the Machine playing nearby)
DJ Mom Jeans!! Yes, this is Danny Masterson of That 70s Show. What??
The best pic I could manage of Moby at the Vision afterparty. It was great to see him. But the crowd was gross. Rob, Kim and I didn't last too long.
Okkervil River. A really good band...this year's Frames, as far as new band discoveries go. I loved them.
My sweet (airbrushed) tatt.
Ali's.
Love & Rockets! Bubblemen!! This brought me back to being 9 and having my sister dress me all goth and take me out with her friends.
The best part of the whole thing...NIN. Trent Reznor was incredible. He said he never thought he'd be playing at Lollapalooza 17 years after he played in the first one...or that he would even be alive 17 years later. Good call...I remembered him all skinny and drugged out. He's the opposite of that now. HOT.Before they came back to rock our faces off some more. They closed with Hurt. No words...

This entry cannot possibly do justice. It was an amazing weekend. Thanks to my friends and to Grant Park for sending me off in style.
Next time...from Maine!

No comments: