Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dem-Maine-cratic Convention

Alright, it's a reach, but I promised I'd keep Maine in my subjects...

I just watched Michelle Obama and Ted Kennedy on You Tube (wasn't home last night to see it) and I'm all misty eyed and excited for the election! I love these conventions...like big political pep rallies. To quote Tabetha when we watched the debates on the ship, "What an exciting time to be alive!"
So last night Sarah and I got a night off together and we toured the island a bit. Well, toured might be too big a word, but we had a good time. Got all dolled up and went to an oceanside restaurant, then to the hot local club (I say this with some irony) Carmen Veranda. Yep, that's what it's called. We had some drinks and sang some karaoke. It was a good time. The newest addition to the house, John Karpinos, joined us as well. He'll be playing tonight.

Sunset on the terrace of the Bar Harbor Inn.We're doing it! Sparkling wine! Ladies night!Ok, now we're doing it. We rocked out some karaoke.

On Sunday, we climbed a mountain....

Me pulling a Tamara at the top of Mt. Champlain.

The view heading up the mountain.

Only two more nights in Maine. I can't believe it. I'm ready to get back home, but it's also been so nice to be here. I'll miss it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you come back, can you please keep naming your blog entries after Maine puns? Even though you're not in Maine?

Here are some that I think you should consider:

The Lion's Maine
Maine of my Existence
The Maine Event (actually the name of a restaurant in York, ME)
Back on the Maine Gang
A Maine is only as strong as it's weakest link

and, kind of related:

Bangor? I didn't even know her!