Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mainestream

Yesterday was great. Walked around Ellsworth with Sarah and Sam, exploring the glory that is the post office, the library, the Bangor Daily News, yoga studios, therapy offices, thrift stores, sandwich shops, you know....all the wonders of the small town square. I only got a couple of pictures, but oh, more will come. Here's the best:


What have you got there, Sam? Well Natalie, I'm glad you asked...it's a licorice pipe. A licorice pipe? A licorice pipe! There's a great gourmet store called Rooster Brothers right down the street and they sell fun things...like licorice pipes and 77% dark chocolate with love poems on the inside. They also have a ton of coffees and teas and jams and cheeses and cooking implements... in short, I will be in a lot of trouble if I go there too often.

We stopped by a place called Maine Grind on the way back and discovered that they have Jazzercise classes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Yes, please. So Sarah and I will be in attendance tomorrow and then we'll hang out to sample the Grind's food and coffee. They have spanakopita! Oh man. I'm a real nerd. I'm not sorry.

Shows last night were super fun. Really lively audience at 8 and a particularly dirty adult show at 10. There were five of us playing, which won't happen a lot with one person off every now and then. But it was fun to have the whole cast there. My night off this week is Thursday. TV, here I come...

Well, back to my giant bowl of yogurt and coffee. (separately...together would be gross)

1 comment:

blob bladewig said...

sounds like you are enjoying Maine.
If I make you a zipfile CD, will you download it and listen to it?