Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mainetenance

Let me take you through my night off...

Dinner at Friendly's FINALLY! It was awesome. Beef tips, mashed potatoes and mixed veggies followed by the obligatory sundae (it is "ice cream world" after all). Vanilla frozen yogurt with Reeses cups and caramel. Come on. Thank you, Sarah and Sam for helping to indulge my childhood nostalgia.

Off to downtown to see a movie, marking the first time I have ever seen a movie alone in my entire life! It wasn't bad. The movie was great. First of all, it was at this old theatre called the Grand in Ellsworth. One of those live theatre/movie theatres. Adorable. The movie was called Young @ Heart, a documentary about a seniors' chorus in Massachussetts that sings all rock music. If you get a chance, see this movie. Laughs will be had, tears will be shed.


Btw, this store exists in downtown Ellsworth...
I'm clearly apprehensive about having no one to share looks with during the movie...but it was surprisingly engaging.

Back at home for music, internetting, TV and balancing a peeled grapefruit in my hand while I eat so as to avoid dirtying a dish I will have to wash.

And from what am I taking a night off? Well...

Jen went crazy last night and started telling stories with stickers on the greenroom lockers. This was my favorite....she muttered "This dog is climbing this cat's hat." I love that Jen.

Before yesterday's show we took an easy walk on a carriage path around Eagle Lake. It was incredibly beautiful. My phone's camera is trying to do it justice here.

1 comment:

blob bladewig said...

Jeepers.
I looks, reads and sounds like you are having a great time. Bar Harbor looks nearly as beautiful as Portland Oregon.

That will be your trip next summer, I suppose!

-bob