Thursday, August 14, 2008

OM(aine)G

I just woke up. Yep, it's after 11 EST, but I had a big day yesterday. Sarah and I rocked out a 9am Jazzercise class. It was really fun. The teacher was great and we chatted afterwards, making sure to plug the theatre. We then took advantage of the cafe upstairs and drank a ton of coffee and exchanged life stories. We took a walk through a tiny old cemetery where most of the headstones we from the mid 1800s. Lots of babies. Bummer.

Once home we soon decided, hey let's go hike Acadia Mountain! And that we did, after looks of reservation from Jen and Larrance. You see, I have earned the nickname "Little Bean" for being the slowest hiker in the group (trust me, it makes sense in context). I always lag a little, not for lack of energy, but more for caution...I take a long time to negotiate my steps over rocks. Hey, I don't want to fall, do you?? Anyway, the hike was amazing. And much more all-terrain than the last one. Pictures...I've got them...

On the way in, we met a brook...how pretty...
Near the top. We had no idea that the climb back down would be so vertical, but this was worth it.
I did it! I really did it!
We totally climbed this. My spin class when I get home is going to seem a little lame. Ssshhh. Don't tell the LVAC.

So we get back to the theatre, grab dinner at Lampoc, a local bar where I was treated to lobster and avacado quesadillas. There was very little cheese to overwhelm the lobster the avacado, so it was really, really good. Ready to do a show....boy am I! Ready to do a show for this lady...?

Mika Brzezinski!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VdNcCcweL0

I can't embed this video to save my life for some reason, but do yourself a favor and go check it out. I watch Morning Joe every day at home, so this couldn't have been a bigger celeb sighting to me. I eagerly shook her hand after the show and gushed "I watch you every day!" Oh boy. Couldn't have been dorkier. But I love her!! She was in the front row with her family and she even volunteered for the dream! Hey, Bar Harbor, thanks for being such a swanky vacay spot.

After a fun 10pm show (got to play 185!!), we came home and had family TV time with the Olympics. (Side note: Jen is as much of a Food Network nerd as I am...we talked a lot about how Mario is great on Iron Chef, but not so much on Molto Mario and yes, Bobby Flay is kind of d-baggy, but man his food is great....sooouuulllmates). Just before bed I was treated to a playlist in my mailbox from one Bob Ladewig. I fell asleep to it, and it's been titled on my iPod "Bob Really Gets It." Thanks, Bob. You're the best.

Big day! I told you!! We're going soon to have lunch at Maine Luau, a nearby lobster pound/BBQ pit. And tonight is my night off. Plans include watching Firefly and not driving. Hooray!!

No comments: