Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Clean Slate

My sunshiney co-worker, Sarah (you heard me, Sarah!) got me listening to this podcast every day called Morning Coach. It's this super positive guy who gives all kinds of life advice on health, money, etc... So this morning it was about eliminating clutter and I decided to clean out my email inbox, which was holding steady at about 580 old emails. OLD emails, like from two years ago. So I finally either deleted or assigned them to folders. It was quite the journey. It's jarring to see your life in digital chronology like that...stuff you kept and you don't know why and you wonder how one particular email could've possibly been so important to you on June 12, 2007 (totally random date) that you had to keep it for the next 13 months. Anyway, the metro area of my inbox, excluding its suburban folders, now has 2 messages. Down from 580. And those two messages pertain directly to this week only. My goal, in alignment with my desire to live more in the present, is to keep it that way. No more old emails sitting around waiting to be read and re-read like a too-sentimental yearbook signature (what?). No more. Emails, like all passive digital communication, should come and go. The important ones can be stored here (pointing to my heart...weird for anyone walking by me).

In other news...I'm the proud winner of a Fisty Award! Thank you, Hot Karl cast, for putting on these awards and being so welcoming to your guest players. Calm down, Tim, I'll post pictures eventually...

I hope everyone is having a delightful July 22. It only comes once a year!

2 comments:

Lindberg said...

Where are all these pics?

Oofgh is the word verification word. I feel pretty oofhg!

TrayDeer said...

June 12th 2007. totally random date. or tracey's 25th birthday. one of those two. thanks for nothing.