Thursday, November 13, 2008

Word.

I noticed lately I've been good about photos and bad about actual words. I guess I just feel a lot of pressure to say something interesting if I string together more than a few sentences at once. Here goes.

I'm less than two weeks away from being back home in Chicago for good, or at least for the remainder of 2008. I've got 6 shows for Second City to look forward to in that time, which is great since I'm not sure what else to do with my time. I'm thinking I'll finally get to go to the gym as much as I'd like. I'm also looking forward to writing more. Vinnie and I have new ideas for our next show and once the mainstage is up and running we can finally have Anthony back for some guidance.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting in my Novi home, on my third cup of coffee, watching MSNBC and listening to the sweet sounds of the in-unit washer and dryer. I'm still in my jammies, which is standard for early afternoon. Rob and I will be running lines soon for a show we're in together upon our Chicago return. I am a bit aglow from last night, since our original cast was back together for the first time in a while. Nancy's return was like climbing back into a warm, familiar bed with a large cup of jasmine tea and my favorite book. Maybe that's not the most high-energy way to look at a comedy show, but wow it felt good to have everyone back together. We missed her so much and are happy to have her back. Leaving this show will be hard. So I'll choose not to think about it now.

These sentences are hard to put together. Next time: pictures.

No comments: