Friday, September 12, 2008

The Sky and I

Are both crying today. That's the title of my book of collected poems I write when I'm having a tear-filled anxiety attack and it's an odd time to call people and I have no access to internet (that sentence is the subtitle).

Too personal? Maybe. A friend and I discussed recently how it's really awkard when people get TOO personal on their blogs or their Facebook status. Look, we get it. It's the internet. We're all crying for help and looking for attention. If we weren't, why the hell would we be putting it all out there on this semi-public forum? But it's so inconsistent. If you're willing to put it out on the internet, why not be willing to say it to people's faces? Look out, the next time I see you and you say, "How are you?" I'll say, "Natalie is really trying to make it work." Or, "Glad you asked, here's something interesting I noticed about life today..."

This week has been full of ups and downs. Lots of negativity, lots of fatalism in my head. But also great things. I'm really living the full spectrum these days. 2008: the year of extremes. And of travel. Great segue to....I'll be leaving in October to go to Novi, MI. The ol' SC Detroit. I'll be doing a show there for 6 weeks. More deets to come, I'm still not solid on everything. I'm very happy for the opportunity and very excited to get the F away from here for a little bit. Not from my show or from friends or from CSz. Just from here. I'm reading a book right now about prayer and I read a part today that said when you ask God to get you through hard times he will provide some "emergency exit." Not to advocate running or hiding from problems...but I really liked the term emergency exit.

This whole Saturn's Return thing...sucks.

3 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Best wishes to you and I hope the emergency exit will not be required.

Tno said...

On the up side nat you have a friend named gorilla bananas....not many people can say that

blob bladewig said...

That is great about going to Detroit. Do you know who the rest of the cast is? Awesome news, Natalie.
Sorry about the tough stuff. That isn't fun, but you've got some good friends to help you through with whatever you need.

When do you leave for De Twa?