Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blessed

Finally, tonight we open in the city!

This blog was getting pretty dull without pictures. More to come once I get with the traveling again. My readership, I'm sure, is very excited to see pictures of Novi, MI.

I've been a real downer lately. There's no way around it. I'm just sad. And I'm letting that be ok. I'm functional, I'm not locked in my apartment with the curtains drawn living on dry Ramen or anything...and in light of that silver lining, I feel like I can live in the pain for the time being and, as my grandmother used to say, "offer it up." In the meanwhile, I am very grateful for the following...
  • My show. It's my heart and soul and it's been in the works for so long.
  • Vinnie. Aside from the writing and the performing, he's been a really great friend to me all along the way. And he never lets me forget it.
  • Fall! It's here! I couldn't be happier about pumkpins and cool weather and chestnut flavored coffee and all the rest. It's my favorite season.
  • Travel. By the end of November, I will have spent about 40% of 2008 away from home. While I miss Chicago immeasurably, the opportunities afforded me this year have been amazing. I'm doing what I love and actually getting paid for it. I'll never take that for granted.
  • CSz. A big dysfunctional family of ridiculously talented and supportive people. Where would I have spent my weekends in Chicago if it wasn't for this place with these people?
  • Faith. I wrote a whole show making fun of the Church. But as a priest in Gainesville once said in a homily of his, "If you can't laugh at your religion, you're in the wrong one." I kid because I love, and my faith as defined through the Catholic Church has been the biggest thing in my life. I've remembered that a lot more readily lately. Again...can't take it for granted.
  • Friends. While I'm tempted to name names, I would inevitably leave someone out. I can't take that risk. You know who you are. Thank you.

No comments: