Thursday, June 26, 2008

Raindrops + Sunshowers

I've been somewhat of a downer lately...so I'm turning things around today. A ray of sunshine has punched me in the face! I looked ahead at my summer and realized it's nothing but awesome from here on out. So why not be psyched? Why not indeed.

I love lists, so here it is. Reasons to be delighted:
1. My show!! It closes tonight, which is a blessing and a curse. I will certainly miss it, but I will not miss the Schaumburg commute. Vinnie, Anthony, Joel and Katy are the best "co-workers" in the world and I can't wait to move forward with a new incarnation of this show.

2. Maine. Just had some friends return and I can't wait to get out there. Supes and I road tripping? Come on. Lobster? Blueberries? Hiking? Improv? Yes, please.

3. Lollapalooza. So I had hoped to attend for free, but I know it will still be worth it. It'll be my last big Chicago summer thing before Maine. Added bonus: Rob and Ali will be here. Staying in my studio...oh boy...and oh boy!

4. The 4th and the Taste. Once again, summer in Chicago...

5. GreenCo, July 5th. I get to play with 5 of the best improvisors around. Can't. Wait.

6. I slept last night. Really well. That almost never happens. Maybe that's why I'm awake and focused and happy today. Is this what it's like to be normal?

7. Although I'm not a real Hot Karl member, I'm still very proud that they were voted "People's Choice for Best Improv Group" by the Chicago Reader. I've had a lot of fun playing with them.

There's got to be more things. But I'll leave it at 7. Lucky number. More on that to come later...

No comments: