Monday, June 2, 2008

OMG SATC

Saw the obligatory chick-flick of the century today. It was really, really good. To paraphrase Wolfson, it was absolutely everything I wanted it to be. So...much...crying. Within the group I attended with, each of us "fell" at a different point in the movie. "Oh my god, you guys, that has totally happened to me!! Just like that!!" Yep. Women across America are commiserating over Cosmos (Cosmiserating?) as we speak. My official rundown of the movie: They effectively maintained the punny airiness of the series while adding the weight of the big-screen story lines for each character. The reality of some of the situations was unsettling. And despite the standard pithiness of the dialogue, there were some genuinely funny and smart moments that really surprised me (for those who have seen it, the Valentine balloons KILLED me).

All in all, I loved the movie and will see it again one day when I am prepared to once again cry my eyes out and question my every life choice.

QOTD: "It's like the Color Purple up in here."
-Tara D.

No comments: