Sunday, March 30, 2008

Puns and Procrastination

So much for my daily posts. Oh well...not having time to write a blog once a day isn't the worst thing in the world, right? Me and follow-through...sometimes we're not friends.

This weekend = pretty great. Fun CSz buyout, even though I got up at 7:30 to be there; pretty awesome PatchCo show in the afternoon; then partytown. Sarah and I had a kickass girly dinner at Cesar's, where margaritas and feelings were shared. I then went on a whirlwind tour of Lakeview and Wrigleyville before landing back at CSz for the Hot Karl. Fun show, Megan!! Back at home to pass out and sleep late today. Too late, but hey, I never get to. I needed it.

My hooray of the day(!) is this guy...



Vinnie Lacey. He's one of the very few practicing Catholics in the improv community, and I've been lucky enough to exploit that for my professional gain! We've been writing a show together essentially since last January and it will finally be realized this summer with the help of Anthony LeBlanc and Joel Esher, two other delights. Vinnie's humor, intelligence, kindness and endless patience with me makes him one of my favorite people. Especially today...we spent the evening together trying to put a name on this show and it's way harder than it should be. Some of the gems we came up with over tea in his kitchen:

Catholic Schmatholic
Reconsillyation
Benaddiction
Immaculate Misconception
Tale of Two Sinners
Punch in the Faith
Down and Devout
The Reckoning (personal fave!)

We did come up with some valid possibilities. I'm keeping those to myself for now. It's been tough, but it truly is a labor of love. Neighbor of Love. Love Thy Neighbor. I have to go call Vinnie.

2 comments:

Vinnie said...

Aww, you are so sweet. Yeah, I think this showmarriage is gonna last.

Joel E said...

You're a delight too!!