Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day!

This year is a little different for me, being engaged and all.  Alright, I've never had a Valentine's Day alone.  Before all you lady friends of mine start rolling your eyes and whipping Lindt Truffles at my face (mmm!), I assure you I've had my share of boy trouble.  Which is why it was ten times nicer to have stayed in this year, have dinner cooked by my delightful fiance and know that we will have 50 more of them (or maybe 75, it's the 21st century!). 

I'm well aware at this time of year and at this time in my life, as my friends and I hover around 30, that there are too many awesome women who don't have awesome V-Days.  Not to say everyone has to buy in to the hearts and flowers, but I know too many ladies who deserve perfect guys.  And those guys are taking their sweet-ass time.  Come on, dudes.  Man up. 

My friend and co-worker Sarah is one girl I know who deserves a good guy. 
Three years ago, she went on a few dates with a bit of lame-o.  Just in time for Valentine's Day he accidentally broke her glasses and decided to make up for it with this necklace.  Thanks?  Because Sarah is awesome and has a great sense of humor, she recognizes the bit-value in wearing this thing every year on Valentine's day until it can be replaced by a real token of a great guy's affections.  It serves as a heart-shaped, bedazzled Bat signal for a guy who will truly deserve Sarah's attention.  Did I mention she's awesome?  Guys, if you're lucky enough to find a girl as cool and fun as Sarah, please don't buy her a ridiculous necklace.  Start with flowers.  (Or in Sarah's case, a little dark chocolate and a night of dancing.)

1 comment:

Sarah Anne said...

Yes, flowers and dancing!!! Any takers? Ha! Thanks Natalie for the compliments! -Sarah