Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tour #6: Albuquerque, NM

Our shuttle ride from the airport to the rental car is already so much fun!

My favorite part of the city.  Thanks for the safety tip, ABQ.
Our awesome theatre.  It had a ghost, whom we never saw.  But who needs ghosts, when your procenium looks like....

I'm exremely serious before the show.

After a great show (with Chad, our last minute sub MD who did an awesome job) we hit the streets of ABQ, which had surprisingly turned into what Dana accurately described as a "southwestern Jersey Shore."  We passed a lot of lines outside of douchey clubs and found a nice little divey beer bar with an awesome iPod lineup.  I left the cast to adjourn to my cushy room at the Hyatt and they hit up a couple more places, including a subpar strip joint.  I'm sad (?) I missed it. 

Kyle and I found a diner the next morning and although we waited waaaaay too long for our food, I was happy to get some real green chile on my huevos.  The flight back was threatening to be eventful, but ended up quiet and only 20 minutes late.  I had to get back to CSz as soon as possible for my 303 class's show.  They killed it!  I was a very proud teacher. 

Next stop: Nashville, TN


1 comment:

virginia said...

ABQ, hometown! next time, head to flying star (eats) near UNM and take the commuter train south to belen, and north to santa fe.

get a sense of ABQ unlike any other on "BREAKING BAD"- you will love it. third? season starts soon.first seasons available online, i think.

the dad in this series, was the dad in malcolm in the middle- nearly unrecognizable.