Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ten Days Later

Even though I dropped the ball on bringing my camera cord with me, I still have a camera phone! Not the best, but it's something...
Andiamo, the restaurant attached to SC, is amazing. Marke took Rob and I out the night before our show opened and I was amused at how classy show-plugs can look.
Opening night! Beth took us out after the show. This is The Library, a pub right by the theatre. Kevin and Jason are clearly in a life-changing discussion. Rob is pensive.
Chuck E. Cheese! Jason, Rob, Vinnie, Jen, Bella and I had a magical (the official word of CEC) afternoon of games, tickets, pizza and animatronic rats. This is Bella in the kid habit-trail (Rob is just behind her up there).
My first visitor! Vinnie came up to see the shows and the wonder of Farmington/Novi. He braved 3 whole shows and was one of our guests in last night's set. Thanks to Vinnie, I finally went dancing in the Dirty Martini (another addendum to the SC theatre space) and found a church for Saturday mass. We had a lot of fun. Novi is fun...do you hear that, Chicago friends? You can totally visit me....

Last night I got caught up in a "I can't believe I get paid for this" moment. Our second show was sold out and we hit a lot of home runs. That launched us into a really fun set with Vinnie and two understudies. There was a pile-on scene in a strip club where all the guys were dancing and it ended in Quintin semi-pantsless on Marke. It took us a few minutes to recompose and continue the set, which eventually ended in a callback to the strippers at a Bar Mitzvah. Genius. This cast is so smart (even in pantsless moments) and supportive. Siiiiiigh. Love.

Tomorrow I go back to Chicago for a couple days. I'm excited to see friends while I'm home, but it's actually a little hard to leave this cocoon.

No comments: