Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday, Sundae, Sundais

Sundays have always been a dichotomy of delight and disappointment for me. Church, groceries, gym...I love those things every Sunday, but it's also the eve of a new week of work and rehearsals and sleep deprivation. Not in Novi! Sunday is now my Friday, making it the most perfect day possible. We have one show tonight and an improv set. Normally we'd be off tomorrow, but we are travelling to Mt. Pleasant to do a show instead. No complaints. Riding in a van with this cast should be a good time. Speaking of...



Quintin is here in spirit. That gentleman to my left is Bryan, our fake Kevin for this weekend. He's no Kevin. But he sure is Bryan. He's been great.




Marke: Happy Sweetest Day!

Me: Sweetest Day isn't real.

Marke: (pause) Well. You'll wish you hadn't said that.

Marke is the BEST. He got us all Sweetest Day chocolates, marking the first (and possibly last) time I'll ever receive a gift for this Midwestern version of Valentine's Day.

Things of note in Novi:

  • Holy Family Church. Right around the corner from the theatre, very friendly, conveniently timed 5pm Saturday vigil mass.
  • Sunflour Bakery. Oh man...vegan chocolate chip cookies...
  • Busch's Grocery. I've been seduced by their pumpkins since I got here.
  • Halloween Superstores on every corner. I've seriously seen at least 4 of these in the 3 miles between my apt and the theatre. Why so many??
  • Astarte Yoga. Thanks, audience member, for free class!

Happy Sunday!

No comments: