Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Homes

Finally some pictures from the last two weeks, which have felt more like a month...We're on the marquis!! This was my last night with my show.
Fun poster, sad face.

But we had a great show. Happy face!Anthony "Smoky Eyes" LeBlanc and his lovely wife. Check out that new headshot back there! I got to see a little of the mainstage set before going to have a post-show drink with these guys.
My Novi room! Come on...how will I go home after this?
Not to mention this. Pies and soups, here I come...
SC Novi lobby. Huge face! Part of me wants to stand in front of my headshot after the show. But most of me won't do it.
Nancy and I clutching the running order before our opening show. We actually rememebered it all!
My make-up mirror on the girl/Marke side of the backstage area. Flowers courtesy of SC Chicago.

Back at home for two days, my Mon-Tues weekend...I got to visit Meredith's office and see her do some real lawyering. She's super professional. She has a lamp budget! And a lot of shelf space. Her plan to fill it with Archie comics is the best idea she's had since she applied to Northwestern Law. I'm proud of my BFF.

My two days in Chicago were a whirlwind. Lunch with Tyler and Sarah, hanging out with Meredith, gym, tons of walking...it was nice to be home in a completely different way than it's nice to be here. I got introduced to an awesome new place downtown. I strongly recommend that you go get dinner/drinks/dessert at Graham Elliot on Huron and Franklin. Vinnie took me to see a bartender he used to work with and it turns out my friend Alice also works there. The chef sent out a sample of all the desserts on the menu, and I also got to try foie gras for the first time...on a stick, lined with Pop Rocks. It was ridiculous. My drink was called Smashing Pumpkins. Go. Seriously.

So many things to report on being here, but nothing would appropriately capture it. It's like living inside a cloud here. Vinnie called it a comedy paradise, and it's not far off. I get to sleep and cook and talk and work out and watch TV and then go and do a fun show with great people and play at improv afterwards. This week I plan to read and write and play some guitar. Oh yeah, and see W. I'm intrigued.

I hope the debate replays soon...

1 comment:

Vinnie said...

I need that third photo emailed to me, stat.