Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Elephant in the Room (it's me!)

Oh boy...so here it is...I gained a ton of weight on the ship. I don't like to talk about it, except for every time I bring it up before someone else has the chance to think about it. Ok...so I do talk about. Doesn't mean I like it. I feel like ever since I got back from the boat and I see people I haven't seen since I left, my standard greeting is, "Hey, how are you? Yeah, I gained SO much weight." (subtext: I know it happened, don't feel sorry for me) My last few weeks on the boat were just a train wreck...I had already gained weight so I just gave up completely, thinking I could easily fix it when I got back. Well, I forgot that I didn't lose it overnight the first time, so why would I just drop it all once I got home? And boy do I know that now. I've been back 11 weeks. In theory, I should have (or could have) lost 11 pounds by now. It's been more like 4. I know it's not nothing...but it's frustrating as hell. Today I am wearing a pair of pants that when I left were so loose that they had become useless to me. I tried to give them away, but thank G-d I didn't, or else I'd be pantsless right now. Yikes. I digress. When I finally pulled them back on for the first time this morning, the tight tug to fasten them was like a slap in my face...or on my huge, fat ass. Am I being harsh on myself? Well, yes. It's what I do. And I'm trying to work through it. I got up at 5:30 this morning so I could make the 6am Body Pump class at my gym. I came home feeling great and then threw it all out the window on account of some tight pants that are two sizes larger than I'd like. Ugh.

Wow. This may be the first downer entry of this blog. Hooray?

Regardless of my state of mind, I'm still in love with food. I made some really awesome turkey meatballs last night with raw oat bran instead of bread crumbs. Road to recovery...

2 comments:

Chidester said...

I think you look great. Now that picture of me with Heather and Zach. Yikes.

Flu-baby said...

I'm sending you my tapeworm immediately. Wilokemein eich ach arg gobble gobble sieg heil.

Seriously though you look like a button...the cute as varietly.