Sunday, April 13, 2008

Taxing

So I'm looking at the ol' blog and realizing that I haven't written in a week. Also, I see a pattern emerging...I take pictures at shows and when I'm drunk (don't worry, mom, this doesn't happen often) and then post them at the end of the weekend. What am I, an investment banker? Blowing off steam at the end of the week and then returning to the Monday through Friday grind? Oh boy. I think that's what I'm doing these days. Only the Monday - Friday "grind" is working as many hours at the office as possible while still attending rehearsals, learning scenes, writing scenes, and doing shows. Ok, I'll call it grinding...but I'm in no way complaining. Busy is how I work. When I'm not busy I get laaaazy.

As not to disappoint my loyal readers (hello, the six of you), I will recap my weekend. However, I will still be disappointing: I took no photos. What a douche. Nevertheless, here's how it went...Friday night I attended and enjoyed The Beatbox show at CSz. Saturday I was fortunate enough to perform with mighty mighty BlueCo for the Best of matinee on the mainstage at Second City. I really love these guys. They made me feel warm and welcome throughout rehearsals and the show. Tara D's shoes aren't easy to step into, but Aimee, Katie, Brian, Tim, Shad and Piero sure made it fun. Huge thanks to them. After that show I headed to CSz and played a really fun albeit kind of weird match with Nick H and Geoff C on my team. We won the game, remaining undefeated in our second outing as the Express. You don't often get to create a team identity at CSz, since you don't often play with the same two people. But the three of us have stumbled onto something. Crazy. Post show, I hung out with show friends in the CSpo bar, my new favorite place. I blame the space being so awesome for my weekly hang-out/photo taking habit. Today has been quiet but productive. Finally got my taxes in their envelopes and out the door. Ugh. I owed quite a bit from working on contract last year, so I'm saying good bye to a lot of my money today. Boooooo. The rest of the day (spoiler alert!) will be gym, church, groceries. Standard Sunday business.

So as not to be totally lame, I do have on picture to share. Erin treated himself to Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii about a month or so ago, and very occasionally I feel the urge to play a song or two on easy. It's hard for me to justify playing video game guitar instead of practicing real guitar. Ok, so I'm getting to the point...I have an extra guitar stand, so the GH implement ("guitar"? controller? instrument?) lives there. Erin thinks it's hysterical. It does look funny amidst my actual acoustic and bass.



Hooray of the day: having some time off.

No comments: