Sunday, May 4, 2008

Studio Living

Here I am. The new place is…full. I really like it so far. I’m sitting on my bed (which is totally just the mattress and box spring on the floor because I need help getting it up onto the frame), enjoying the food network and plotting my next move. There have been many discoveries since I’ve spent two nights in my bachelorette pad….
• It is really weird to open the refrigerator and see just my stuff (ditto with the cabinets in the bathroom and the closet…I haven’t experienced this since my Freshman year single dorm room).
• Scented candles and oils act fast in a studio…I wanted my place to smell “more like me” yesterday and after about 5 minutes of warming oil it was like Perfumania* in here.
• I talk to myself. A lot. And to my belongings.
• I really enjoy doing things I would have to apologize for to a roommate…watching Oprah After the Show, blaring a music channel on my TV so I could hear it in the bathroom, leaving dishes in the tiny sink…I don’t know if the lack of accountability is necessarily a good thing.
• Speaking of accountability, I have only myself for motivation to unpack this place. I definitely want it to look awesome, so I am motivated, but I also have cable and a bed…so functionality has been achieved. It’s hard to work this way.

Packing up the old...


Unpacking (eventually) the new...


Jeopardy on my new cable!


Sink for one, please.

*I have never been to a Perfumania, I can only imagine.

3 comments:

Timmy Tapeworm said...

Uh...

Who is JFK?

blob bladewig said...

Who is Christopher Cross?

Natalie said...

Sadly, I don't even know the answer. I mean the question.