Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tour #1: SLO City


Yes, they call San Luis Obispo, CA SLO City. 



We weren't there long enough to learn if there was any truth to the acronym.  After the delays from Chicago (and Phoenix for half the company) we spent a total of 18 hours in SLO, including a show at CalPoly and a trip to IHOP.  Then it was back on the plane to Phoenix and Chicago. 


I'm sad we didn't get to see more of the city.  It looked pretty once the clouds cleared. 


 In the small window of time we had in Phoenix, I shopped the magazine store (someone called it that and made me laugh...Ross?...someone) and acquiesced to a copy of Bride Magazine.  Edgar seemed slightly more excited than I was to look at it. 

After about an hour and half delayed on the runway, we finally took off for Chicago and had a rather uneventful flight (except for Kyle and I inadvertantly making fun of a girl's thong).  It was ridiculously wonderful to be home.  And having seen California and Bride Magazine, I have honeymoon destinations to consider. 

No comments: