Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas, New Year, New Blog

We did it, 2009!  Here were are.  Everything got real today.  But I'm ahead of myself.  Christmas was...

Mom, dad, Matt and me at the Stratosphere.
A Vegas staple: the Elvis stocking.
Pretty great.  We saw a few shows, lost some money, but gained pictures and presents.  I'm not mad that I get to go to Vegas to visit my parents.  Although it is mildly exhausting.  Don't people go "home" over the holidays and watch movies and do crossword puzzles? 

I wish I could say New Year's was as exciting. We rang it in in the van on the way back from my last show as an understudy for a while.  Happy New Year, seven friends I just did a show with!  Now go find your party!  My party was Cheers reruns on Matt's TV.  And I was very happy with that.

So, Natalie, what's with the new blog?  Well.  It's about to get interesting.  (Also I love puns.)  I need to have some subject matter upon which to focus this old thing, so I'm turning my attention to my impending touring.  Get ready to see some sweet pictures of hilarious bar names and all manner of theatre venue. 

Before I get bogged down in the mire of travel and work and whatnot, I do want to say how excited and grateful I am to have a job I love.  I would've never planned for this or imagined it before I got here, but I figured out what I wanted pretty quickly.  In January of 2004 I walked into Second City to audition for the Conservatory Program.  Today I walked in for my first Touring Company rehearsal.  The last six years have been, in all sincerity, awesome. 

No comments: