Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tour #35: Naples and Ft. Laudredale, FL

Florida!  Another vacation tour.  Awesome.

 Rolling into Naples.  Palm trees and sun!  We had four shows in tow nights in Naples.  Hit the mall with our free day.  Please see my Facebook page for the best purchase ever: my "I Love the Situation" hat.  Thanks, Derek. 
 Those Who Must be Kept!  This statue outside the Naples theatre couldn't look more like Akasha and Enkil.  Please see The Vampire Lestat for that reference. 
 Mahm hit the shorts right away to celebrate the 80 degree weather.  She hit her Blackberry to celebrate her new Facebook page.  Sucked in.
 DAD!!!  Dad was there for 3/4 of our Naples shows.  He also brought coworkers along and he hit the bowling alley with us on our second night.  Oh yeah, and he didn't hate my tattoo.  Thanks, Dad!
On to Ft Lauderdale.  Sometimes on tour you get put up in motels.  Sometimes hotels.  Sometimes RESORTS.  Thanks, Broward Performing Arts Center.
 On the way into town we sought out this lunch spot.
 As if it weren't enough that I saw my dad for two days, I also got to see my second set of parents, Meredith's mom and dad, the Barons.  They were kind enough to make the trip from Wellington to see my show.  It was awesome to see them.  Of course this particular night we were slated for mandatory clubbing at a local bar, so I had to take off.  Thanks for coming, Barons!!
Clubbing Jess and Dawn.  Hanging out on a couch wearing hipster glasses.  FUN! 

The trip was one of the best in recent memory.  Five shows, malls, beaches, pools, free drinks, good food, dad, fake mom and dad, and a Jersey Shore marathon.  This trip makes touring the best. 

Next stop: Dubuque, IA

No comments: