Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tour #34: Seaside, CA

Ok, so you could call Wheaton and Orland Park tours #33a and b.  I didn't count them, as in my old tour age I no longer conider a Chicago suburb a "tour."  No offense, IL. 

One important thing about those mini-tours: it was the first time these guys played together as RedCo!

And now our first tour...morning flight to San Jose, CA.  Kevin made Tilliski laugh, so it's a good start.

 And Warren found a sandwich.  Also a good start.

Another drive directly to the venue, thanks to a long flight and long drive.  USC Monterey Bay had a lovely theatre.  And apparently they was glad to have us.  Here is a wall of the press they did in prep for our show.  It's very nice of them...and as Jessica pointed out, slightly stalker-esque.  But moreso nice.  The show did sell out after all.

Here is our lovely hotel, the Bay Park. 
 And even more lovely...N. California.  Everytime we tour around here I don't want to come home.  It's beautiful is the point. 
Before our departure, we were treated to breakfast at the adjoining restaurant, The Crazy Horse.  Derek offers an homage to Ross and Mystic Lake. 

Mom was taken from us for this trip and sent to Texas instead.  Boo.  But we were lucky enough to have Josh Miller step in as our surrogate parent and it was great.  Did I take any photos with him?  No.  Because I am starting to suck at this.  Touring for too long.

And speaking of touring for too long, I should mention that I neglected to celebrate my one year tour-versary properly.  It was unofficially on January 22 and officially on February 1.  In some ways it's flown by and I still feel new.  In other ways...I mentioned to Tamara recently that I had been touring for a year, and she said, "Really?  It seems like 2 or 3!"  Well, yeah.  I did get off the boat just over three years ago now, which was my official understudy start, so technically I have been doing some manner of the job for that long.  Maybe tour years are like dog years.  In which case, I've been on it for 7.  Makes sense. 

Home for a while.  Next stop: Florida!

1 comment: