Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tour #10: Edmond, OK

Happy DecaTour! 


Welcome to Oklahaoma!  And to the Salt Lick.  We quickly realized there was not much to do in Oklahoma, but that was fine considering Edgar and I had a workshop to teach, we had a 7pm show and then we were leaving the next morning.  So we had lunch and ice cream from Braum's (nice work, OK) and stopped by the hotel.


Jessica and I shared a room at Comfort Suites that had this inexplicable wall design.
Edgar and I had a good time with our UCO students, members of the campus's comedy troupe, Friday Night Live (Google it!).  They were fun to play with and I'm sure that Edgar and I lead them to master the art of improv in two hours.    We then headed downstairs to the auditorium to get ready for the show, which went really well and allowed us to debut our college specialty piece "College Gaga."  Those are the only spoilers I'll give.  My blog is frequented by saboteurs.  Incidentally, our set also gave birth to the character Cat Girl.  I'm sure it'll be a huge hit one day.

Oh, here's one more Gaga spoiler.  For now this is Derek's costume.

After the show we sought out a late night hangout, which in our tour towns isn't always the easiest thing to find.  But we ended up at Hudson's, which was cozy karaoke bar/pool hall that served crazy cheap drinks and allowed indoor smoking.  Bad news for my hair and clothes.  But great news for the two drinks I had that cost the same as one at home.  We rocked the karaoke hits and then went back to our weird Comfort Inn where I think we were the sole patrons (more continental breakfast for us!).  We had a rough flight back the next day (Good Friday, so I really couldn't complain...Jesus went through a lot that day too) but got home in time for me to join Easter Triduum, already in progress.

Hot, hot RedCo.

Next stop: Conneticut and New York state

1 comment:

Mal said...

Hey Natalie! This is Malory from Friday Night Live! Thank you for coming and teaching us at the workshop and the show was awesome, so funny! Hope you come back soon!