Thursday, March 11, 2010

DQ's Final Homeshow/Derek's First Homeshow

After four and a half years on the road, Dana has her last RedCo homeshow.  I caught her and TJ preshow and forced a posed picture. I knew I wouldn't take too many.  I feel like last nights are better in the memory than on a hard drive.  (Regardless, I took a few.)
I'll miss her.

We had a great show for a nearly-full house and a very full bench.  We couldn't f around nearly as much as some last night casts do, as we had Derek onstage for his first homeshow.  I think that was for the best.  You don't want your last show being a total cluster, right?  The set was Dana's, and in SC tradition she got to do some of her favorite scenes from her time on the road followed by improv with friends, including most of GreenCo and some old Red friends.















Backstage was a party between the show and the set with all the guests.  It was a great time for the SC family, with half the new e.t.c. cast being former RedCo (badass), friends from other Co's and the celebration of Dana's "graduation" and Derek and me being newbies.  It was a great night all around, aside from Dana and I barely squeaking our songs out due to lost voices and sore throats.  We soldiered through.















When it was all over, and before adjourning to the party at Corc's, we presented Dana with our cast gift, having secretly framed a poster of hers.  Megan snuck into her apartment while we were in Ohio and made it happen. 

Today was our first rehearsal with the brand new incarnation of RedCo.  I loved my time with Arch and Dana so much and am glad to have caught them before they moved on.  But I'm also really excited to look ahead.  There were a few times during rehearsal today where we were all onstage together and I felt a wave of giddiness knowing this is my company and these are the people I get to share the stage with for (hopefully) a long time to come.  It's a really f-ing solid group...if I do say so.

No comments: