Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanks

I feel like I've been waiting for the holidays since January of this year. I am incredibly happy they made it. Tomorrow, very early, I will be on my way to Decatur, IL to celebrate Thanksgiving and other various milestones with Matt's family. His whole family. Virtually every single member. No big deal.

I am also 3 days from my 29th birthday. As Amy so rhetorically reminded me, it is in fact the last year of my 20s. I have to say I'm pretty ok with that. Aside from this annoying biological clock, I'm pretty excited to get the hell out of this decade. My 20s have been fun and interesting and important...but they're also pretty overrated. There's a humorous, but humbling, comfort in looking back on things I did 7, 5, even one year ago and think, "Oh yikes, I would never do that again." So here's to being older and having more life to carry with me.

Think of things you're thankful for. And EAT!!

No comments: