Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stuff I'm Currently Not Doing

Here's what's going on in my apartment that I've been meaning to address for...5 years. I keep moving the same crap over and over and thinking I'll get rid of it "next time." So let's take a look.

Top Shelf: Coke stuff. Ok, fine, no issue there. What you don't see sitting in front of the truck's front wheel is my severed Lollapalooza bracelet from this year. Fine to keep, but it needs to go into my oft-idealized, never realized scrap book. In the cup there you may noticed some braided palms from Palm Sunday this year. Again, great to have, but I forget that I never properly disposed of the ones from last year. Sorry, JC.

First shelf: lots of books. Too many. Several of them could stand to go to a nice open space where they can run and play with other books.

Second shelf: Eesh. This shelf is broken. So I've balanced a bunch of light crap there that I don't have any other space for. Stapler, tape, pens, sewing kit my aunt gave me when I went to college....great. Glittler glue pens from an art project for my Sunday school class in 2005?? I'm a mess.

Bottom shelf: Tools. Three hole punch. Mini-speakers for my computer. Giant binder containing my Second City understudy packet. Notepads from a gift set and a two-pack of Silly Putty from my mom's Easter package this year. Come on, Sullivan.

So what have we learned? Well, I've taken the time to share this assessment on my blog while drinking coffee and watching Price is Right rather than actually doing something about it. But maybe the accountability will catch up with me. You know, before I go back to the office next week.

No comments: